UASF (SAN FRANCISCO) SHARES – 10 WAYS UASF WORKS FOR YOU
U N I O N = P O W E R
10 Ways UASF Works for You
- The name itself says it all! United Administrators of San Francisco. We stand together on issues of importance to local school administrators.
- We are able to collectively negotiate a contract that spells out key working conditions, such as wages, benefits, evaluation and grievance procedures.
- We have a vital voice at the San Francisco Labor Council on important social issues that impact the work we do with our parent student community in the City.
- We protect you and stand up for you when particular issues impact you directly, as well as with issues that impact our entire group.
- The union (including our national affiliation with the American Federation of School Administrators) provides a variety of union-privilege programs, such as group life insurance, liability coverage, loans and family services.
- UASF offers tailored legal services, in individual cases. With a union, the cost is shared and becomes affordable instead of impossible.
- By supporting UASF, you also support important lobbying efforts at the local, state and national levels for important educational bills and programs that affect you and other educational professionals.
- With a union, the District must negotiate with our entire group. Stated another way, the District knows that it faces employees who stick together; stand up for each other; and demand fairness for all.
- UASF provides us with a collective voice on a host of issues that go far beyond the mandatory subjects of collective bargaining. The District has opted to meet and confer with our group on a wide scope of non-bargaining issues for one central reason: the District respects our group.
- Last but not least, the old truism rings true: In union there is strength. We are much better off with a collective, unified voice than with disparate, divided voices that often serve only to cancel each other out.